Friday, November 6, 2009

My husband's daughter...

So my husband has a daughter--long story, let me explain.

Just last night, as my husband was preparing to take his daughter to their very first father daughter campout which is tonight we were talking about this new little addition into his life. I was thinking about telling him to give her the new disney princess sleeping bag he bought her to use as her Birthday present when I realize he already got her a birthday present when we all went to the fair, which was about the time I finally took a couple minutes to do the math and figure out that his little daughter is about 9 months and 1 week younger than our son. For most women it might concern them to realize that their husband's daughter (who you are not mothe to) was conceieved about a week after his son (the one you are mother to) was born, and yeah I admit it is weird, but it doesn't bother me much, because I know he wasn't present for her conception.

So let me explain a little as to why my husband has a daughter he shares with another lady (who may I add, admits to have paid him to strip and screw, but that is a different story for a different day). I know, actually that doesn't sound all that weird, but bear with me, it is definitely weird (what part of my life isn't?). It all started out at church. I use to take my son out to the mother's louge during sacrement meeting--no he wasn't an infant, that too is another long story for another day, stay focused--and through that I became rather aquanted with an older woman, not too old, but not my age either, I woudl guess she is atleast 50. She spent a lot of time in the mother's lounge with her Autistic foster son because it was the only place they could sit where there wasn't a ton of people. Needless to say the mother's lounge was always occupied by us when other women needed to nurse their babies so we had to move out and find another place to chill (Ok, so that is just a side note, but it will all make sense soon).

Well, it just happened that I was asssigned by my church to go and visit this lady at her house atleast once a month--this was about the time our friendship went from being just a church thing to a outside of church friendship. Well, as I got sick she stepped up and started helping out a lot, she was always stopping by and visiting me and I was asked to work in the library at the church with her (I think that was before I got sick though, but it worked out so well). Anyhow, in the last 2 years we have gotten real close, so close I think it is safe to say that we currently share a husband--see I told you it was weird. She is a single foster mom, about a year ago she officially adopted K, the fosterbaby she raised since the day she was released from the hospital as a newborn. Like I said, when I started to get sick, my friend started helping out more, which included she started sitting next to us at church so if we had to make a mad dash out of the chapel she could help out with our son in our absence. So here we are sitting in the chapel--it goes: my friend, Her daughter, my husband, and our son, and then me against the wall (a good place for me). Most would just assume my friend is Grandma (since she does have kids older than us) until they hear K call her Mom, and then Dominic calls me mom and they both refer to John as DAD--Did I mention we are Mormon?

OK, so we aren't 'those type of mormons' but my friend is always commenting how bad it must look to people who don't know what is really going on. See how easy it is to make assumptions? And lets not get started on how quickly the rumor mill gets started.

Well, as all this was going on I hadn't noticed that K was very accustom to calling him daddy, it actually wasn't till the day he paid $10 for her to be done up like a pretty princess at the fair and she told him, "thanks Daddy" that it actually hit me--he is her daddy! Not by blood, not even legally, her real biological father had a lot of issues and is not allowed in her life, and since my friend is single this little girl has never had a father until my husband came a long. He did all the things daddies do around the house (except her mommy, but since kids don't know about that at this age we won't tell her) . Well, later that night I mentioned to John how he is really the only father figure in her life, there are a few other men from church that could be technically considered father figures to her, but he was the one that she saw the most of.

As we talked John finally confessed, "Meagan, I'm her dad" and instead of freaking out I found it rather comforting in a very strange way. John and I can't have more children (well technically there is a possibility, but it isn't very likely) and John always wanted a daughter, I don't want a daughter--I don't do little girls very well, I love the girls I watch but am definitely happy to send them home--it bothered me that his desire to have a daughter and my desire to not fill his desire would come between us at one point, but now that he has a daughter I no longer have to worry about it--specially since I now know that both my husband and my friend have no desire what so ever to sleep with each other.

So, in short, my husband now has a daughter, who is not mine, who is about 9 months and one week younger than our son and I am perfectly fine with it--well, until he forks out $10 for her to get made up like a pretty princess after I told him it was a rip off--either way, the 2 of them are going on our church's daddy daughter campout and the 2 of them couldn't be more thrilled.

Oh, and incase you came here from facebook and am wondering why I am going to a dinner for single adults--it is because my friend wants to go but doesn't want to go alone, so I am accompaning her.

No comments:

Post a Comment