Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Uuuugh

Sorry, I couldn't think of a better title for this post. I have to admit, I knew taking 13 online credits while starting a business and being wife and mother would be difficult, but this week has definitely put me to the test. I mean if normal life wasn't hard enough, last week some kind of emergency arose and we had to move our bedroom remodel up to right then and there and since my husband goes to work and school we are still in the middle of it which means we still don't have a bed, luckily my son loves me and is sleeping in the front room with his daddy while I get the only bed in the house.

Now some may think that not having a bed might be stressful enough, but in the meantime I have to wash ever single thing we own (while not having anywhere to put it because we can't yet use our dressers or closet), and as messy as our house was it is even worse now and that to me is beyond stressful.

but wait, it gets better, Yesterday our vet came, he was really good and it went as smooth as smooth can be, the animals didn't mind getting their shots, so all in all a real good visit. Brandy though had to have a precedure (like a surgery but not) to her ear to drain a hematoma--he put her under anethesia and I was able to trim her nails while he worked on her ear, it was actually really amazing, he then bandaged her ear and gave her a shot to wake her up. We paid him and he left cause everyone was doing good, then about 5 hours later i am guessing the anethesia finally wore completely off because dear sweet Brandi had a major panic attack, even with a 'cone of shame' on her head she managed to get the bandage off, we sat with her and removed her collar and the 'cone of shame' and I gave her benadryl and put a fan by her and after about an hour of sitting and singing and petting her she finally relaxed--at which point I tried to rewrap her head using a vet bandage and a feminen hygeien product because we didn't have any non-stick gauze on hand--within an hour, with the 'cone of shame' on she got it off again

Anyhow, that is just the readers digest version of my day--all the dogs got out, 3 of which ran off, then only 2 of which returned, we went looking for the 3rd (I was so scared the school bus hit her) and luckily she came running, but about 20 minutes later, at which point I was already explaining to my son that if she was hit by a car she would get to go to heaven cause I didn't want him to freak out like I was--yeah, that was fun.

So--in short, after eating cinimon streusal my husband made yesterday for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner and coming to the realization that I can't even use the restroom without feeling the need to multi-task (and by that I mean taking in notes and studying type multi-task), I had to face the facts that something has got to change--and so with that said, I beleive I will go feed the pig and rabbits and read my textbook outside today in the sun (rather than in the bathroom)--my goal is to get ahead in school and stay a head, tomorrow I am going into town, at which point I am going to run my errands for the week and on saturday we are going to stay home and work on the house (instead of our usual running around all day like chickens with our heads cut off

Anyhow, this might be a bit boring and it is definitely long and for that I apologize, but I was wondering--just what do you do to manage your time more wisely? How do you plan our your days?

No comments:

Post a Comment