Wednesday, October 21, 2009

ever feel like this?


no, no, no, this isn't going to be a post about me getting wasted last night at the bar and the kids being nosy despite my hangover--nope, I don't drink and by I don't drink I don't mean i drink occasionally, no, I mean i don't drink, I have never knowingly drank an alcoholic beverage, i want to at times, but then i am reminded that not only do i not drink for personal reasons but there are also religious reasons that I don't drink. So, if I don't drink what could this post possibly be about?

The flu, yes, if you have ever had it you realize that as a mom your world doesn't stop because you can't see straight, nope it keeps on rolling and the kids keep on being kids, only more fussy and annoying than usual and the husband only seems more demanding and less capable of doing anything, and so we are forced to drag our butts out of bed and do everything we have to do normally (only it seems like 50 times more stuff) because we are mom and, remember, moms never get sick.

just the other day i was thinking about why they say "moms never get sick" because I'm a mom and I know I get sick, but like all other moms out there I suck it up and peel my butt out of bed and take care of my little sicklings because I'm the mom and nobody else will do it. It is because we are up out of bed and taking care of the baby that leads people to believe that moms never get sick, but i am here to inform everyone that mom's do infact get sick and it usually takes them longer ot get better because instead of laying in bed and resting they are up taking care of everyone else, so with flu season coming up i encourage you all to remember that not only do moms get sick, they need some loves because nothing is worse then trying to make a bottle or change a diaper when you can't feel like the photos looks, so remember to give mom a break this flu season so that she can feel better faster--cause moms need all the strength they can get.

(so, i also thought i should add, i don't have the flu right now, i actually just got a flu shot on monday and even though i woke up feeling icky, i am hoping it is just mild symptoms and will go away pdq)

No comments:

Post a Comment