Wednesday, May 19, 2010

cooking scret

I am going to share a cooking secret, one that took me 7 yrs of marriage to figure out, so huddle close cause I would hate for my husband to hear....a little closer, closer....no, this isn't the substitute applesauce for oil (which doesn't work for cookies by the way, it makes them too cake like in my experience) instead, this one is more a tactical then a healthy one, here it is:

When we were newly weds I was a horrible cook, even when I tried my best I still usually ended up either ruining the meal or giving my husband food poisoning, I remember cooking meals even the dog wouldn't eat, have you ever burnt corn? but those days not only seem to be over, my cooking has improved, so much that last night I made a meal from 'left overs' in the fridge, I used some fresh vegies (carrots, squash, celery), leftover base from the roast I made friday (which consisted of tomato sauce and tomato soup, which I cooked a roast, carrots, and an onion in, I also added a few seasons) and I added half a can of spaghetti sauce and boiled a package of egg noodles and added some water and then made grilled cheese sandwiches with Mexican melting cheese.

Now, when I went to serve it up I had flash backs from my 'early years' 'when I would serve something like this up and my husband would ask 'What is it?' and if I didn't have a name he would refuse to eat it cause he didn't trust my cooking and therefore didn't trust me (who would after I gave them food poisoning so many times) but he didn't even ask, he actually sat down and we said prayer and after prayer I warned my husband to like it but not to like it too much cause there was no way I could ever make it again (i.e. I didn't use a recipe, I seldom do and he knows this) he ate it anyways.

after he was finished he commented on how delicious it was, and it was also very nutritious, may I add, extremely high in Acid but most things I make are, which is probably why we have so many heart burn issues, but back onto the topic on hand, you are probably wondering just what my secret is, and to be truthfully honest, I guess there wasn't one, I just wanted to brag about how good my meal turned out last night

No comments:

Post a Comment